We are currently seeking dynamic and motivated individuals to work with at risk/SED youth, providing (under close supervision from professional staff) social or mental health services to clients and their families in the home, school or wherever necessary to accommodate the client and their caregiver. This position is responsible for assisting social or health service professionals, by providing supportive counseling and other services as assigned by the professional staff. Those applying must have knowledge of social and/or health service programs and an understanding of the issues of the community.
Specific Education, Certification and Skill Requirements (if applicable):
* A Bachelor’s degree in a related field – OR -
* High School diploma or GED plus a MIMIMUM
of 3 years experience providing direct services
to at risk/SED youth – OR -
* Strong verbal and written skills.
* Bi-lingual Spanish is a plus.
* Responsible for meeting with clients on a
regular basis and recording their interactions in
the clinical files.
* Work with clients as they move through the
* Provide supportive behavioral intervention as
directed by professional staff.
* Secure client and agency information as
outlined by HIPPA.
* Assist clients in developing skills in socialization
and conflict resolution.
* Refer clients to community resources and other
* Accompany clients on regular or emergency
visits to treatment facilities, social agencies,
government offices, etc.